Permission error after installing MPL 1.0 on Mac

OK, I spoke a little too soon last time. I reinstalled it tonight and looked a little closer. Essentially all of the regular files under
.../site-packages/matplotlib/... and its subdirectories have permissions similar to
-rw--w----
not just the mpl-data subdir, and I guess they should be something like
-rw-r--r--

Also, I looked into why I couldn't chmod; apparently our "labadmin" account wasn't given permission to chmod or chown anybody else's files, so I need to talk to our IT guy about that.
peter

Ben wrote:

ยทยทยท

This might actually be the closest explanation and diagnosis that I have seen on this issue. However, I >am curious why the labadmin account could not chmod those files? Also, how do the permissions of >those files compare to the permissions of everything else? Why is it that the behavior is different for >those files compared to the python modules themselves?
Ben Root

2010/9/23 Peter Hoekje <phoekje@...3294...>:

OK, I spoke a little too soon last time. I reinstalled it tonight and looked a little closer. Essentially all of the regular files under
.../site-packages/matplotlib/... and its subdirectories have permissions similar to
-rw--w----
not just the mpl-data subdir, and I guess they should be something like
-rw-r--r--

Also, I looked into why I couldn't chmod; apparently our "labadmin" account wasn't given permission to chmod or chown anybody else's files, so I need to talk to our IT guy about that.
peter

When you run the installer, OS X just asks you for *some*
administrator account, and if you can provide this, the installer will
actually be run by the system in the **root** account! (At least on
my machine, which isn't a server. I guess your's is?)

'Course you cannot chmod those files.

For the installer, it's really just a mistake, if noone cares, I can
prepare a new installer here on my machine.

Friedrich