permission denied error

I have read access to the directory and have an admin account, however, i’m not the user who set up the machine (084535)

The home.ppm file and others in that directory show “Write only (Drop Box)” for admin.

For everyone, the permissions are set to “No Access”

Picture 1.png

I was able to add a new permission user for myself “Isaac (me)” and got passed the error on home.ppm and now get an error on back.ppm.

Picture 2.png

What should I do to correct the permissions on the other files in the images directory?

Are there other files that may have this same issue as I am using matplotlib in the future?

Thanks.

···

On Jul 13, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Friedrich Romstedt wrote:

2010/7/12 Isaac Salazar <ifs@…3198…2…>:

Hello,
I am getting a permission error when trying to open a figure or plotting
using matplotlib.
TclError: couldn’t open
“/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/images/home.ppm”:
permission denied

Simple question: Do you have read access to that directory? Of what
kind is your user account? I guess it wants to display the button
with the home image and cannot read it.

Friedrich

Isaac Salazar

W-13: ADVANCED ENGINEERING ANALYSIS

TA-03, Building 1400, Room 2229

MS A142

ifs@…652…

phone: 667 9225

010/7/13 Isaac Salazar <ifs@...652...>

I have read access to the directory and have an admin account, however, i'm not the user who set up the machine (084535)
The home.ppm file and others in that directory show "Write only (Drop Box)" for admin.
For everyone, the permissions are set to "No Access"

I was able to add a new permission user for myself "Isaac (me)" and got passed the error on home.ppm and now get an error on back.ppm.

What should I do to correct the permissions on the other files in the images directory?
Are there other files that may have this same issue as I am using matplotlib in the future?
Thanks.

You can use TinkerTool System Release 2. It's very powerful, has 5
free starts, and I think it's worth purchasing. Do you want to use
this program? http://www.bresink.com .

Also, it's certainly possibe to use the command line, but I personally
usually use TinkerTool System.

Friedrich