Pan and Zoom tool makes some markers migrate along plot line

I have run across what I think is a bug in the markevery functionality.

Running OSX 10.6.2
Python 2.6.4 |EPD 6.1-1 (32-bit)| (r264:75706, Dec 11 2009, 10:58:54)
mp.__version__ '0.99.1.1'

I have 16 lines plotted in a plot which is embedded in a wxpython application frame.
I am using the WXAgg backend

For each line, I am plotting the two variables (distances in this case) against each
other an am using the 'markevery' functionality to mark just one point along each line.
I do this with this construction using the line list returned from the plot command.
   new_line[0].set_markevery(every=(t0[0],9999))
The data set is much smaller than 9999 points, so
this insures only having one point highlighted along the line.
It works great, and does just what I want.

However, when I zoom and pan the plot, for about half of the lines the highlighted point
(which should stay put) actually migrates along the line as I am panning the plot.
The marked points seem to start moving when they get close to the edge of the plot frame,
as if to stay visible, but it is not quite that simple.

Has anyone else observed this? Or have a fix? I saw a previous bug reported
with markevery from Jan 2009, but that seemed to be resolved.

Kersey

Kersey Black wrote:

I have run across what I think is a bug in the markevery functionality.

Running OSX 10.6.2
Python 2.6.4 |EPD 6.1-1 (32-bit)| (r264:75706, Dec 11 2009, 10:58:54)
mp.__version__ '0.99.1.1'

I have 16 lines plotted in a plot which is embedded in a wxpython application frame.
I am using the WXAgg backend

For each line, I am plotting the two variables (distances in this case) against each other an am using the 'markevery' functionality to mark just one point along each line.
I do this with this construction using the line list returned from the plot command.
   new_line[0].set_markevery(every=(t0[0],9999))
The data set is much smaller than 9999 points, so this insures only having one point highlighted along the line.
It works great, and does just what I want.

However, when I zoom and pan the plot, for about half of the lines the highlighted point (which should stay put) actually migrates along the line as I am panning the plot. The marked points seem to start moving when they get close to the edge of the plot frame, as if to stay visible, but it is not quite that simple.

Has anyone else observed this? Or have a fix? I saw a previous bug reported with markevery from Jan 2009, but that seemed to be resolved.

I just committed what I think will be a fix, in svn 8289.

Eric

···

Kersey
------------------------------------------------------------------------------