OSX: need testing

We have a patch for some fixes for the OSX backend that we would like to include in the next release. I assume these are good because they are by the macosx backend author Michiel, but I no longer have ready access to OSX boxes for testing and I was wondering if someone could. The updated file is attached, you can drop it into the “src” directory of your matplotlib tree, build/install, and test it. You need to make sure macosx is set to be your default backend when testing (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/faq/usage_faq.html#what-is-a-backend)

If you are using git, to track matplotlib, you can pull down this branch to test

git checkout -b jdh2358-mdhoon-macosx origin/v1.1.x

git pull git://github.com/jdh2358/matplotlib.git mdhoon-macosx

If you can test and confirm that you can build and use mpl normally with this patch, please respond with a python version and OSX version that you tested with. Some of the fixes were python3 specific, so if you also can test this against matplotlib master and python3, that would be great.

Thanks,

JDH

_macosx.m (173 KB)

If you can test and confirm that you can build and use mpl normally with this patch, please respond with a python version and OSX version that you tested with. Some of the fixes were python3 specific, so if you also can test this against matplotlib master and python3, that would be great.

Builds and (appears to) work fine on 10.7 with python 2.7, using the latest code from the github master.

Zach

Just to be clear, this code is not in github master. I assume you have a checkout of master and then dropped the attached _macosx.m into your src for before building and testing?

···

On Mar 17, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Zachary Pincus <zachary.pincus@...1927...> wrote:

Builds and (appears to) work fine on 10.7 with python 2.7, using the latest code from the github master.

Just to be clear, this code is not in github master. I assume you have a checkout of master and then dropped the attached _macosx.m into your src for before building and testing?

Yes, precisely. Checked out master, dropped the attached into src (and made sure that git diff showed a some changes in that file), and compiled without error.

Zach