OS-X Matplotlib warning means what?

I've been tooling around with matplotlib, as graciously packaged by Chris Barker, and hosted on Bob Ippolito's pythonmac.org/packages site. Everything seems to be working smoothly, but I've run into a couple of warnings I can't decrypt.

1) Executing the following code,
#! /usr/bin/pythonw
import pylab
pylab.plot([1, 2, 3], [4, 5, 6])
pylab.show()

displays a chart as expected (the toolbar icons are a little mucked, but that's minor). However, dismissing the chart window brings up this warning:

2005-03-12 17:26:52.075 Python[569] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x66402d0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
*** malloc[569]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x66c73d0; This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug

Is this a bug with matplotlib, with my installation of matplotlib, or with my script? Can I ignore it, and if not, what can I do to address it?

2) a smaller issue: I tried to change matplotlib's array class by opening
/system/library/frameworks/python.framework/version/2.3/share/.matplotlibrc
and changing "numerix : numeric" to "numerix: numarray" but I got the following error:

The import of the numarray version of the _contour module,
_na_contour, failed. This is is either because numarray was
unavailable when matplotlib was compiled, because a dependency of
_na_contour could not be satisfied, or because the build flag for
this module was turned off in setup.py. If it appears that
_na_contour was not built, make sure you have a working copy of
numarray and then re-install matplotlib. Otherwise, the following
traceback gives more details:
   File "/platlib/matplotlib/_contour.py", line 5, in ?
ImportError: No module named _na_contour

I know I had numarray installed before unpackaging matplotlib. Chris' notes say that he had numeric installed when he packaged matplotlib, but makes no mention of numarray. Perhaps the matplotlib.mpkg needs to be rebuilt on a machine that has numarray installed? It isn't a big deal, as the two types are -mostly- interchangeable, but it would be nice to have the choice.

-Brendan

···

Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca