OS X 10.6.8 macports python2.6 64bit , Installing matplotlib fails.

OS X 10.6.8 macports python2.6 64bit , Installing matplotlib fails.
Hello,

I’ve been trying to install matplotlib correctly for the past couple of days.

I’m using a macports python2.6 built with +universal on.

If I install with the the downloadable .egg file I end up with a message that states that _path.so has problems. (built for 32bit I guess)

ImportError: dlopen(/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib-1.0.1_r0-py2.6.egg/matplotlib/_path.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib-1.0.1_r0-py2.6.egg/matplotlib/_path.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

If I install with easy_install-2.6 matplotlib from source I get the following:

Best match: matplotlib 0.91.1

src/_image.cpp:952: error: ‘png_infopp_NULL’ was not declared in this scope    

error: Setup script exited with error: command '/usr/bin/gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 1

If I install with port install matplotlib it fails because the install in not the correct path structure in the site-packages folder.

I’ve tried searching the web and have found some indications that I need to install 32bit python 2.6 but cannot find how to do that, and all of my production machinese have 64bit python installed on them.

Any help at this point would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: OS X 10.6.8 macports python2.6 64bit , Installing matplotlib fails.
I eventually got it to mostly work using:

“sudo port install py26-matplotlib @1.0.1 +gtk2”

It doesn’t match the correct egg format it seems, but it does work.

···

On 8/10/11 11:01 AM, “David Just” <Just.David@…3721…> wrote:

Hello,

I’ve been trying to install matplotlib correctly for the past couple of days.

I’m using a macports python2.6 built with +universal on.

If I install with the the downloadable .egg file I end up with a message that states that _path.so has problems. (built for 32bit I guess)

ImportError: dlopen(/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib-1.0.1_r0-py2.6.egg/matplotlib/_path.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/matplotlib-1.0.1_r0-py2.6.egg/matplotlib/_path.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

If I install with easy_install-2.6 matplotlib from source I get the following:

Best match: matplotlib 0.91.1

src/_image.cpp:952: error: ‘png_infopp_NULL’ was not declared in this scope    

error: Setup script exited with error: command '/usr/bin/gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 1

If I install with port install matplotlib it fails because the install in not the correct path structure in the site-packages folder.

I’ve tried searching the web and have found some indications that I need to install 32bit python 2.6 but cannot find how to do that, and all of my production machinese have 64bit python installed on them.

Any help at this point would be appreciated.

Thanks.