numpy and matrix operations

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this question, which is related to numpy, or numeric or something else…

I want to do some matrix operations, like a singular value decomposition (svd) or to calculate random number from the multivariate_normal distributions. These two functions exist in ‘numeric’, but I cannot use them (they hang up or give some errors).

Maybe there is any package to download that is compatible with the current numpy/pylab/matplotlib specifications? Or any other simple way to deal with such matrix operations? That would be very helpful…

Thanks

Alex

I want to do some matrix operations, like a singular value decomposition (svd) or to calculate random number from the multivariate_normal distributions. These two functions exist in ‘numeric’, but I cannot use them (they hang up or give some errors).

Maybe there is any package to download that is compatible with the current numpy/pylab/matplotlib specifications? Or any other simple way to deal with such matrix operations? That would be very helpful…

Linear algebra (svd) can be found in numpy.linalg and random numbers can be generated with the numpy.random module.

Matthieu

Alexander Dietz a �crit :

Hi,

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this question, which is related to numpy, or numeric or something else...

I guess you should try scipy-user at scipy.org ml.

Cheers,

···

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit