On call, myself, Eric, Jody, Hannah, Ryan, and Antony.
- Ryan taking a summer student is heavy lift
- Ryan OK with BDFL-designate for units work
2.2.2 is out!
Discussion of colorbar overhaul
- big improvement, minor tweaks on log formatter minor ticks
Discussion of rcparams overhaul
- move to using python's import mechanism
- cwd import already wins
- use python's 'user install' to do user-level config
- this is messier than we would hope
- but can use `site.USER_SITE` to get the right path
- can provide helper function to install template
- install to env / system level for global
- users can hack PYTHONPATH to put where ever they want
- can gracefully decay to use existing system on failure to import
- go though no warning -> warn -> break cycle over 2 years
- module must provide function "apply_style(rc : RCParameters): -> None"
- styles would work the same way
- security concerns pushed back to "arbitrary code execution allows
arbitrary code execution", if attacker can put this in the path,
then they can modify other files in path.
- proposed projects
- write altair data structure -> Matplotlib plot
- Hannah (primary) and Tom (backup) can mentor, try to reach out to
Brian and Jake
- 6k for 10 weeks
- work from home remote
- only take one student
- Questions for NF
- can we pay international students?
- what is eligibility requirements on student?
- familiar with matplotlib, pandas, jupyter notebooks,
python/scipy in general
- plus if have used declarative plotting
- what level of reporting do you want?
- sort out how / where to advertise?
- rejected projects
- Text / testing
- sort out a way to make our tests independent of freetype version
- freetype is already working on this
- lots of discussion about different approaches to this
- write a statement of work
- first goal is basic encoding
- second goal is transforms
- third goal is interactivity
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...