(no subject)

hi

I have got a parametric equation in string form .Now , i want to plot the function for the above equation and find slope for some points on the function.Is there a way to find it using the matplotlib library ?.if

there isn’t, is there another library which i could use for the above said task.
THANK YOU

···

PREM KIRAN
2nd YEAR
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
IIT MADRAS
CHENNAI

Prem,

Matplotlib is used for plotting given data. NumPy is used to perform calculations to produce the data (which, in turn, matplotlib can plot it). However, you said that you have the equation in a string form. Are you looking to be able to evaluate any arbitrary parametric equation (given possibly by user input, perhaps?). If so, then maybe you need to look at Numexpr which can evaluate a string expression for you and return numpy arrays of the result.

http://www.scipy.org/SciPyPackages/NumExpr

Let us know if you have any questions.

Ben Root

···

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 7:41 AM, prem kiran <premiitm123@…1003…7…> wrote:

hi

I have got a parametric equation in string form .Now , i want to plot the function for the above equation and find slope for some points on the function.Is there a way to find it using the matplotlib library ?.if

there isn’t, is there another library which i could use for the above said task.

THANK YOU