I've recently been working with matplotlib to create some charts of some
data I've gathered. I've been impressed with how easy it is to use, but I
have a few questions. I'd appreciate any help you can offer me with the
1. Just what does axes() do with pie charts, anyway? I've tried varying the
parameters, but haven't quite grasped what it's for.
2. How do I make the pie of the pie chart smaller, leaving more room for the
labels? Consider http://www.ethicsgirls.com/stuff/report/cameras_used.png
(which I may well move to a bar chart anyway). Some of the labels are
clipped at the sides. What's the best way to avoid this?
3. When plotting a chart with plot(), can I vary the alpha value of the
markers? If so, how?
4. I need to stick a footnote in the bottom corner of my charts. Can I do
this natively in matplotlib or will I have to do it with a separate library
5. Can I have my xtick labels oriented vertically? I'm trying to avoid an X
axis that looks like this: