= What's going on? =
The Matplotlib cookbook is hosted at scipy.org. The backend software that hosts the website is being changed (from Plone to MoinMoin). This morning I converted the matplotlib cookbook, which is hosted at scipy.org, for use with the new software. It is available at http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/Cookbook/Matplotlib . (This URL to the new cookbook will change once the transition is complete.)
Unfortunately in the transition period, there will be 2 copies of the cookbook available online:
1) the shiny new cookbook at currently available at http://new.scipy.org/Wiki/Cookbook/Matplotlib
2) the slow-to-edit and to-be-removed cookbook at http://www.scipy.org/wikis/topical_software/MatplotlibCookbook
*Please make any changes to the new cookbook!*
= Further information =
I've been spearheading an effort to move the scipy.org website to something more user-friendly. The goals were for the new site to be:
* more inclusive of the scientific-computing-using-python community rather than the those-using-scipy-the-package community
* easier (faster) for people to edit
* more visually pleasing. (aka better marketing)
The decision we took was to make the new website based on MoinMoin, the wiki engine available at http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de .
= What you can do =
Please review the Matplotlib Cookbook in its new location. If you can correct any errors yourself, that would be greatly appreciated. If you just drop me an email, that's fine, too -- I'll try to fix it. We'd also appreciate any help and suggestions for the entire new website.