mplot3d line objects

Hello,

I am working with the Line3D objects in the mplot3d toolkit. I have noticed that the .set_data() function is not overloaded from the Line class, therefore, there is no direct way to set the line data. Should a .set_data() function be created for Line3D or is there some inherent barrier to doing this? Also, would it make sense to add a .set_zdata() function as well?

One probably could work around this by calling .set_data() on the 2D data, and then calling .set_3d_properties() with the z data, but I haven’t tested this yet.

Thanks,
Ben Root

Along the same vein, I have noticed that the Axes3D object does not have a .set_zlim() function, instead opting to use .set_zlim3d(). The same is true with xlim() and ylim(), implementing a different function for .set_xlim3d() than the inherited .set_xlim(). Is this intended?

Thanks,
Ben Root

···

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…553…> wrote:

Hello,

I am working with the Line3D objects in the mplot3d toolkit. I have noticed that the .set_data() function is not overloaded from the Line class, therefore, there is no direct way to set the line data. Should a .set_data() function be created for Line3D or is there some inherent barrier to doing this? Also, would it make sense to add a .set_zdata() function as well?

One probably could work around this by calling .set_data() on the 2D data, and then calling .set_3d_properties() with the z data, but I haven’t tested this yet.

Thanks,
Ben Root