mplot3d interactive shading

Hi folks!
maybe you can point me in the right direction:

I have a list of colour measurements in Lab-Space(stored in an h5 table). Now, 3d-scatterplotting them was easy, also, assigning the corresponding rgb colour value to the spots is relatively easy.

For the plot i use:

p=ax.scatter3D(table.cols.Lab_a[:],table.cols.Lab_b[:],table.cols.Lab_L[:],c=cols)

Now, the annoying part: when i move around the figure with the mouse, the points in the background get "dimmed" or shaded down to less saturation. Now in my case, i want to turn this behaviour off, since i want the points to be the colour they represent, all the time.

How do i do this?

thanks for your help

Thomas

## values in "table"

from colormath.color_objects import LabColor
cols=[]
for row in table[:]:
    cols.append(LabColor(lab_l=row['Lab_L'],lab_a=row['Lab_a'],lab_b=row['Lab_b']).convert_to('rgb').get_rgb_hex())
from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

fig = plt.figure()
ax = fig.add_subplot(111, projection='3d')
ax.set_xlabel('a')
ax.set_ylabel('b')
ax.set_zlabel('L')
ax.set_xlim(-100,100)
ax.set_ylim(-100,100)
ax.set_zlim(0,100)
fig.show()

Unfortunately, there is no setting to turn this feature off. However, I don’t see why it couldn’t be done. It would be great if you could file a feature request on our github page.

Cheers!
Ben Root

···

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Thomas Sprinzing <sprinzing@…4267…> wrote:

Hi folks!

I have a list of colour measurements in Lab-Space(stored in an h5 table). Now, 3d-scatterplotting them was easy, also, assigning the corresponding rgb colour value to the spots is relatively easy.

For the plot i use:

p=ax.scatter3D(table.cols.Lab_a[:],table.cols.Lab_b[:],table.cols.Lab_L[:],c=cols)

Now, the annoying part: when i move around the figure with the mouse, the points in the background get “dimmed” or shaded down to less saturation. Now in my case, i want to turn this behaviour off, since i want the points to be the colour they represent, all the time.

How do i do this?

thanks for your help

Thomas

done!

cheers

Thomas

···

Am 21.01.2013 um 18:04 schrieb Benjamin Root:

Hi folks!

For the plot i use:

Now, the annoying part: when i move around the figure with the mouse, the points in the background get "dimmed" or shaded down to less saturation. Now in my case, i want to turn this behaviour off, since i want the points to be the colour they represent, all the time.

How do i do this?

thanks for your help

Thomas

Unfortunately, there is no setting to turn this feature off. However, I don't see why it couldn't be done. It would be great if you could file a feature request on our github page.

Cheers!
Ben Root