missing lines on graph with upgrade to 0.98.0

I just upgraded to 0.98.0 and recreated a few graphs. I am missing parts of the edges of a fill and polygon. Any suggestions?

Benchmark3-out.png

···

“The game of science can accurately be described as a never-ending insult to human intelligence.” - João Magueijo

Bryan Fodness wrote:

I just upgraded to 0.98.0 and recreated a few graphs. I am missing parts of the edges of a fill and polygon. Any suggestions?

Please post an illustrative script, as simple as possible.

Eric

It seems like it does not connect the last point to the first point. This also happens with the matplotlib.patches Polygon.

from pylab import fill, xlim, ylim, savefig
x1, x2, y1, y2 = -4, 4, -4, 4
fill([x1,x2,x2,x1], [y1,y1,y2,y2], fc=‘None’, ec=‘r’)
xlim(-5,5)
ylim(-5,5)
savefig(‘edge_test’)

···

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Eric Firing <efiring@…202…> wrote:

Bryan Fodness wrote:

Eric

“The game of science can accurately be described as a never-ending insult to human intelligence.” - João Magueijo

Bryan,

Thanks for pointing this out. Mike D. has made a change in the svn trunk to restore the automatic closing of polygons made with the patches.Polygon constructor, which is used by the fill command.

Eric

Bryan Fodness wrote:

···

It seems like it does not connect the last point to the first point. This also happens with the matplotlib.patches Polygon.

fill([x1,x2,x2,x1], [y1,y1,y2,y2], fc='None', ec='r')
xlim(-5,5)
ylim(-5,5)
savefig('edge_test')

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Eric Firing <efiring@...202... > <mailto:efiring@…202…>> wrote:

Bryan Fodness wrote:

I just upgraded to 0.98.0 and recreated a few graphs. I am
        missing parts of the edges of a fill and polygon. Any suggestions?

Eric

--
"The game of science can accurately be described as a never-ending insult to human intelligence." - Jo�o Magueijo

I have copied the new patches.py and axes.py. It fixed the fill, but I still have an axes instance that is not closed.

ax1 = axes([0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0], axisbg=‘0.95’)
ax2 = axes([0.2, 0.1, 0.6, 0.8], axisbg=‘w’)

ax2.fill([x1,x2,x2,x1], [y1,y1,y2,y2], fc=‘None’, ec=‘r’)

xlim(x1-2,x2+2)
ylim(y1-2,y2+2)

Do I need more than the files that I have copied?

···

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Eric Firing <efiring@…202…> wrote:

Bryan,

Thanks for pointing this out. Mike D. has made a change in the svn trunk to restore the automatic closing of polygons made with the patches.Polygon constructor, which is used by the fill command.

Eric

Bryan Fodness wrote:

from pylab import fill, xlim, ylim, savefig

fill([x1,x2,x2,x1], [y1,y1,y2,y2], fc=‘None’, ec=‘r’)
xlim(-5,5)
ylim(-5,5)
savefig(‘edge_test’)

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Eric Firing <efiring@…202… mailto:efiring@...2015...02...> wrote:

Bryan Fodness wrote:

I just upgraded to 0.98.0 and recreated a few graphs.  I am
   missing parts of the edges of a fill and polygon.  Any suggestions?

Eric

Bryan Fodness wrote:

I have copied the new patches.py and axes.py. It fixed the fill, but I still have an axes instance that is not closed.

I don't understand what you mean by this--what is the problem?

ax1 = axes([0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0], axisbg='0.95')
ax2 = axes([0.2, 0.1, 0.6, 0.8], axisbg='w')
ax2.fill([x1,x2,x2,x1], [y1,y1,y2,y2], fc='None', ec='r')
xlim(x1-2,x2+2)
ylim(y1-2,y2+2)

Do I need more than the files that I have copied?

I don't know, but in general, copying individual files from svn is very risky; changes might have been committed that only work when all affected files are updated.

I think that what you may need to do is either learn to build from svn, and accept that this is a bleeding edge and you will get cut now and then, or stick to unmodified releases, and use workarounds in your own code for whatever bugs and shortcomings you stumble over.

Eric