missing library animation from enthought distribution

Hello

My name is Andrew and I’m working in University of Gerona, Spain. I’ve installed the entought distribution package on UBUNTU 11 32b OS . During the install I was asked by the shell if I want to create a folder … so I did that, I’ve created a folder named pyth. Now … when I’m trying to import matplotlib.animation as animation for instance … I get an error that the module animation is missing . And indeed in pyth/lib/python2.7/site-package/matplotlib/ there is no file named animation

Can you tell me please how can I update matplotlib to get the animation package installed.

Thank yuo.

AB.

The current version of EPD contains matplotlib 1.0.1. The animation package was added in matplotlib 1.1.0.

To get matplotlib 1.1.0 right now, you will have to build it yourself from sources. You can remove EPD's matplotlib 1.0.1 like so:

$ enpkg --remove matplotlib

···

On 11/22/11 9:40 AM, andrei barcaru wrote:

Hello
My name is Andrew and I'm working in University of Gerona, Spain. I've installed
the entought distribution package on UBUNTU 11 32b OS . During the install I was
asked by the shell if I want to create a folder .. so I did that, I've created a
folder named pyth. Now .. when I'm trying to import matplotlib.animation as
animation for instance .. I get an error that the module animation is missing .
And indeed in pyth/lib/python2.7/site-package/matplotlib/ there is no file named
animation
Can you tell me please how can I update matplotlib to get the animation package
installed.

--
Robert Kern

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma
  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had
  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco

2011/11/22 Robert Kern <robert.kern@...287...>:

To get matplotlib 1.1.0 right now, you will have to build it yourself from
sources.

Matplotlib packages for Precise also seem to work well in Oneiric.

Goyo