Matplotlib Widget in QT Question

Good afternoon all,

I’m developing a GUI using QT Designer 4 and Python 2.7. The GUI will need to have several plots on it in order to show the data in the ways that I need. To accomplish this I’m using the matplotlib widget from within QT Designer. It all seems to work great, but I can’t seem to find a way to change the background color of the widget. Essentially, I’ve got a nicely laid out GUI with the default QT Designer light gray as the “background color”. Then I’ve got these matplotlib widgets which by default have a darker shade of gray/charcoal as their “background color”. How do I change the matplotlib widget bgcolor to the default light gray so as to match the rest of the GUI? Turning the background of the main GUI to the dark gray to match the matplotlib color is not an option. I kind of assumed the issue has to do with the matplotlib widget and not with QT Designer, hence the reason for posting in this mailing list.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this? Or can you point me to a documentation set that shows how to do this?

2011/2/18 Jason Stone <stonerbot613@…287…>

Good afternoon all,
I’m developing a GUI using QT Designer 4 and Python 2.7. The GUI will need to have several plots on it in order to show the data in the ways that I need. To accomplish this I’m using the matplotlib widget from within QT Designer. It all seems to work great, but I can’t seem to find a way to change the background color of the widget. Essentially, I’ve got a nicely laid out GUI with the default QT Designer light gray as the “background color”. Then I’ve got these matplotlib widgets which by default have a darker shade of gray/charcoal as their “background color”. How do I change the matplotlib widget bgcolor to the default light gray so as to match the rest of the GUI? Turning the background of the main GUI to the dark gray to match the matplotlib color is not an option. I kind of assumed the issue has to do with the matplotlib widget and not with QT Designer, hence the reason for posting in this mailing list.

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this? Or can you point me to a documentation set that shows how to do this?

this could help you.
and it is named Qt.
QT means quicktime.