matplotlib sphinxext and savefig

Hello,

I am currently using the sphinxext module to write documentation that includes automatically generated plots. I was wondering if there is a way to override the default savefig behavior for this - for example, I would like all the plots for the documentation to have the bbox_inches='tight' option to avoid any unnecessary whitespace. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks,

Thomas

It's not currently possible, but could be added by defining another directive option and passing that to the savefig call within the plot directive. If you're not able to do this yourself, would you mind filing a bug and linking to it here so it doesn't get forgotten?

Mike

Thomas Robitaille wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hello,

I am currently using the sphinxext module to write documentation that includes automatically generated plots. I was wondering if there is a way to override the default savefig behavior for this - for example, I would like all the plots for the documentation to have the bbox_inches='tight' option to avoid any unnecessary whitespace. Is this something that can be done?

Thanks,

Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA