Matplotlib sphinx extension crashes Python

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting the sphinx matplotlib extensions to work. After adding “‘matplotlib.sphinxext.plot_directive’” to the extension list for my documentation project, when running the sphinx build script, Python immediately crashes (“python.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience…”).

I assume it’s a matplotlib C extension issue (because I don’t see why sphinx would crash the interpreter).

I’m using 32-bit Windows XP, matplotlib 0.99.1 and sphinx 0.6.5. I’ve tried both Python 2.5 and 2.6 with the same result.

Importing matplotlib and plotting works just fine.

Fredrik

Anyway you can get a traceback in a debugger? (I'm not a regular Windows user). It's hard to guess what could be going wrong without any further clues.

Mike

Fredrik Johansson wrote:

···

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the sphinx matplotlib extensions to work. After adding "'matplotlib.sphinxext.plot_directive'" to the extension list for my documentation project, when running the sphinx build script, Python immediately crashes ("python.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience....").

I assume it's a matplotlib C extension issue (because I don't see why sphinx would crash the interpreter).

I'm using 32-bit Windows XP, matplotlib 0.99.1 and sphinx 0.6.5. I've tried both Python 2.5 and 2.6 with the same result.

Importing matplotlib and plotting works just fine.

Fredrik
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Intel® Parallel Studio Eval
Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev
------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA