Matplotlib on Mac 64 bit.

Hello Matplotlib group,

I’m currently working with Matplotlib and with python 2.7.1 (from python.org) and I realized that the version of matplotlib that I downloaded has no x86 architecture support.

This is what the installation looks like:

bash-3.2$ otool -L /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so (architecture ppc):

/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3)

/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.4.0)

/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 88.3.3)

/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

/usr/lib/libmx.A.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 47.1.0)

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so (architecture i386):

/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.3)

/usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.4.0)

/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 88.3.3)

/usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

The error I’m getting is the following:

File “/Users/yoshikivazquezbaeza1/svn_sw/qiime/scripts//plot_taxa_summary.py”, line 19, in

from qiime.plot_taxa_summary import make_all_charts

File “/Users/yoshikivazquezbaeza1/svn_sw/qiime/qiime/plot_taxa_summary.py”, line 23, in

from matplotlib.font_manager import FontProperties

File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/font_manager.py”, line 52, in

from matplotlib import ft2font

ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/ft2font.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

I wanted to know if there will be a future release of the mpkg to install matplotlib on the mac.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yoshiki.