[Matplotlib-devel] PyData Sprints: Call for Volunteers

Hello foks, can you help us mentor for the PyData Global sprints? You’re qualified if:

• you’ve contributed before to us or any similar type project
  • can guide someone through the process of creating a PR
  • can help with getting the PR into mergeable shape

Commit rights helpful but not required and we’d be glad to see you if it’s been a while.

The conference is virtual and the commitment is about 4 hours between Dec 1 and Dec 3. You’re welcome to do more or drop in to help out for a bit, but we need official mentors to commit to the full time.

If you’d like to mentor, please add your name, github handle, discord handle, short bio, and which times you’re available to the sign up sheet. Also feel free to add to the project info links!

You can find more info at this great guide Melissa made. Melissa and I are taking care of coordination with the PyData global organizing team.

Thanks!

PS: I’ll be at PyData New York sprints tomorrow Nov 8th 10:00AM-2:00PM EST and welcome co-mentors.

Hey folks, a

Time flies and this is now next Thursday-Saturday, Dec 1 - 3. Please sign up if you can swing in for a few hours - which mostly means checking in on gitter and hopping on to zoom. Currently we’ve got 5 mentors, clustered in Western Europe and Eastern/Central US, and it’d be great if we could have two people for each time band. More info at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-T-BsWOLDbDvewCFieFR0M_8a0m6PiuJvTBz3fhopk/edit
Thanks so much!

···

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 1:51 PM Hannah <story645@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello foks, can you help us mentor for the PyData Global sprints? You’re qualified if:

Commit rights helpful but not required and we’d be glad to see you if it’s been a while.

The conference is virtual and the commitment is about 4 hours between Dec 1 and Dec 3. You’re welcome to do more or drop in to help out for a bit, but we need official mentors to commit to the full time.

If you’d like to mentor, please add your name, github handle, discord handle, short bio, and which times you’re available to the sign up sheet. Also feel free to add to the project info links!

You can find more info at this great guide Melissa made. Melissa and I are taking care of coordination with the PyData global organizing team.

Thanks!

PS: I’ll be at PyData New York sprints tomorrow Nov 8th 10:00AM-2:00PM EST and welcome co-mentors.

Also, sorry should have been in the last email, but an hour or two is fine - the goal is at least two people at all times that we say we’re participating, but each person can sign up for an hour or two.

Thanks!

···

On Thu, Nov 24, 2022 at 10:02 PM Hannah <story645@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey folks, a

Time flies and this is now next Thursday-Saturday, Dec 1 - 3. Please sign up if you can swing in for a few hours - which mostly means checking in on gitter and hopping on to zoom. Currently we’ve got 5 mentors, clustered in Western Europe and Eastern/Central US, and it’d be great if we could have two people for each time band. More info at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-T-BsWOLDbDvewCFieFR0M_8a0m6PiuJvTBz3fhopk/edit
Thanks so much!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 1:51 PM Hannah <story645@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks!