[matplotlib-devel] Calling all Mac OSX users!

Ok, there has been a lot of useful discussion (for both MacOSX and Windows), but in the end, I want to know this: Is it possible for matplotlib to provide a single, recommended, fully-supported-by-us method for installing our package (possibly for each platform?). Could it be pip? Or some other option?

It is kinda sad that the linux install instructions are easier than the other platform instructions, and I don’t think we even provide a linux installer.

Ben Root

It's pretty easy using MacPorts (thank you MacPorts maintainers :slight_smile:

sudo port install py27-matplotlib

Obviously that doesn't help when building a dev version, although you can build out of tree ports.

···

On 22/08/2011, at 5:36, Benjamin Root wrote:

Ok, there has been a lot of useful discussion (for both MacOSX and Windows), but in the end, I want to know this: Is it possible for matplotlib to provide a single, recommended, fully-supported-by-us method for installing our package (possibly for each platform?). Could it be pip? Or some other option?

It is kinda sad that the linux install instructions are easier than the other platform instructions, and I don't think we even provide a linux installer.

--
Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
"The nice thing about standards is that there
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 5596 B766 97C0 0E94 4347 295E E593 DC20 7B3F CE8C