We are pleased to announce the release of 3.4.1. This is the first bug
fix release of the 3.4.x series, and fixes a silent misrendering of 3D
scatter plots. We recommend skipping 3.4.0 if you need to create 3D plots.
Pre-built wheels are available for most major platforms, and can be
installed using `pip install matplotlib==3.4.1`. Other packages may also
be available already; please check with your preferred source.
We would like to thank the 6 authors over 20 pull requests for their
contributions to this release.
This release contains several critical bug-fixes:
* fix errorbar when specifying fillstyle
* fix Inkscape cleanup at exit on Windows for tests
* fix legends of colour-mapped scatter plots
* fix positioning of annotation fancy arrows
* fix size and color rendering for 3D scatter plots
* fix suptitle manual positioning when using constrained layout
* respect antialiasing settings in cairo backends as well
For further details on new features, please see the What's new in
Matplotlib 3.4.0 page:
and the milestone on GitHub:
This release is signed by my GPG key. The fingerprint is:
23CA B59E 3332 F94D 26BE F037 8D86 E7FA E5EB 0C10
and it is also used to sign this message.