This is a follow up to this weeks phone call notes (but with a better
We currently have about 2 years worth of new feature development on the
master branch waiting to be released! We need to get 2.1 tagged and out
the door which means we need to triage what will go in the release. The
goal is an RC by the end of August .
One of the hard decisions is to delay the MEP 22/27 work to the next
There are currently 651 issues and PRs tagged as 2.1 (and 162 as 2.0.3) so
obviously not all of them are going to be fixed / merged for 2.1. To that
end, the current blockers for the release are tagged 'release critical'
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/labels/Release%20critical and I am
- rename the 2.0.3 milestone to 2.1.1
- start moving things from the 2.1 -> 2.2 milestones
Until we tag the RC anything is still fair game to be merged. If you know
of any issues that you think are blockers please label them as such (or
leave a comment).
 This is driven because I will be off the internet for the first 2 weeks
of Sept and very busy with day-job the last two weeks of Sept so missing
this deadline means pushing the release back at least another month.
 Despite my best intentions, I have not been able to devote enough time
to review this, sorry oceanwolf
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...