markeredgecolor

Hi,

I already posted this some days ago to the list but I'm still hoping for answers...

I don't like the blackedge of the marker symbols very much. Therefore I changed the markeredgewidth to zero. But this isn't the appropriate solution because it makes the markers + and x vanish. Is there a possibilty for the markeredge to inherit its color from the marker symbol?

Thanks a lot,
Sascha

Sascha Schnepp wrote:

I already posted this some days ago to the list but I'm still hoping for answers...

I don't like the blackedge of the marker symbols very much. Therefore I changed the markeredgewidth to zero. But this isn't the appropriate solution because it makes the markers + and x vanish. Is there a possibilty for the markeredge to inherit its color from the marker symbol?

I'm not sure of your scenario, but you can specify that the marker edge and face colour are the same when calling the axes.plot() function, e.g.

defaultMarkerColor = 'b'
   ax.plot(sx, sy, linestyle='None', markersize=defaultMarkerSize, marker='v', zorder='1', markerfacecolor=defaultMarkerColor, markeredgecolor=defaultMarkerColor)

Note also that a line has a function set_markeredgecolor() where you can set the edge colour.

HTH

Robert

Sascha Schnepp wrote:

I already posted this some days ago to the list but I'm still hoping for
answers...

I don't like the blackedge of the marker symbols very much. Therefore I
changed the markeredgewidth to zero. But this isn't the appropriate
solution because it makes the markers + and x vanish. Is there a
possibilty for the markeredge to inherit its color from the marker symbol?

I'm not sure of your scenario, but you can specify that the marker edge and face
colour are the same when calling the axes.plot() function, e.g.

defaultMarkerColor = 'b'

ax.plot(sx, sy, linestyle='None', markersize=defaultMarkerSize, marker='v',
zorder='1', markerfacecolor=defaultMarkerColor, markeredgecolor=defaultMarkerColor)

That helped!
Thank you!

I often don't know which attributes can be used as kwargs...
Greetings,
Sascha

···

Am Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:02:09 +1000 hast Du, Robert Leftwich <robert@...566.....>, mir dies geschrieben:

Note also that a line has a function set_markeredgecolor() where you can set the
  edge colour.

HTH

Robert

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sascha Schnepp
Institut für Theorie Elektromagnetischer Felder (TEMF) TU Darmstadt
Fachbereich Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
Schloßgartenstraße 8 / D 64289 Darmstadt phone: +49 (0)6151 16-2261
mailto:schnepp@…554… fax: +49 (0)6151 16-4611
http://www.temf.de
PGP-Key: 0xF660E207 (04/15/05)

Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.
-- Jean-Paul Sartre
---------------------------------------------------------------------------