marker in a plot crashes pdf backend

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the pdf backend (png-files save ok) that makes plots crash when they contain a marker.

The attached script crashes on the last savefig. I have also attached a traceback.

I run matplotlib-svn-4904 on windows with python 2.4

/J�rgen

marker_bug.txt (1.6 KB)

marker_bug.py (283 Bytes)

Interesting. I can't reproduce this with Python-2.5 on Linux. What version of numpy do you have installed? Can you send your matplotlibrc file?

Cheers,
Mike

J�rgen Stenarson wrote:

···

Hi,

I think there is a bug in the pdf backend (png-files save ok) that makes plots crash when they contain a marker.

The attached script crashes on the last savefig. I have also attached a traceback.

I run matplotlib-svn-4904 on windows with python 2.4

/J�rgen

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA

Michael Droettboom skrev:

Interesting. I can't reproduce this with Python-2.5 on Linux. What version of numpy do you have installed? Can you send your matplotlibrc file?

I tried upgrading numpy to the latest svn version but I still see the same problem. My matplotlibrc file is just the default created at buildtime, I have attached it.

/J�rgen

matplotlibrc (15.3 KB)

Ok, to save me the trouble of installing Python-2.4 (which doesn't feel like the culprit, but appears to be the only variable other than platform) I seem to recall a discussion on numpy about coercion of scalars to Python int's that may be the culprit here. Can you please add the following line above the line where the exception is raised in path.py, line 201, and then send me the output:

print code, type(code), codes, type(codes)

Also, does changing:

num_vertices = NUM_VERTICES[code]

to

num_vertices = NUM_VERTICES[int(code)]

resolve the problem?

Cheers,
Mike

J�rgen Stenarson wrote:

···

Michael Droettboom skrev:

I tried upgrading numpy to the latest svn version but I still see the same problem. My matplotlibrc file is just the default created at buildtime, I have attached it.

/J�rgen

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA