Location matplotlibrc file on my Mac

Hey everyone,

The existence of the matplotlibrc file is one reason I like MPL so much. I won't go into the convoluted work flow I had for getting my MATLAB figures completely processed in TeX, but it was nasty.

On my Windows machine, I've used it with great success. But I can't get my Mac (OS 10.5) to see it at all. I've put it in my current working directory, in /Library/Frameworks/.../mpl_data, and in /Users/paul. I've confirmed that those directories are in my sys.path variable as well. Nothing seems to work.

Mac OS 10.5
Python 2.6.2
MPL 0.99.1

Any advice?

Thanks,

Paul M. Hobson
Senior Staff Engineer

···

--
Geosyntec Consultants
55 SW Yamhill St, Ste 200
Portland, OR 97204
Phone: (503) 222-9518
Web: www.geosyntec.com

Hi Paul,

I think your matplotlibrc file should be put in: /Users/paul/.matplotlib

-Tony

···

On Nov 3, 2009, at 1:11 PM, <PHobson@...2792...> wrote:

Hey everyone,

The existence of the matplotlibrc file is one reason I like MPL so much. I won't go into the convoluted work flow I had for getting my MATLAB figures completely processed in TeX, but it was nasty.

On my Windows machine, I've used it with great success. But I can't get my Mac (OS 10.5) to see it at all. I've put it in my current working directory, in /Library/Frameworks/.../mpl_data, and in /Users/paul. I've confirmed that those directories are in my sys.path variable as well. Nothing seems to work.