legend is not properly drawn when a plot is saved in 'pdf' format

I’m using matplotlib 0.91.2 from ubuntu hardy 8.04

When I saved a plot in a pdf format the legend is not properly drawn.
I attached the figure to demonstrate the problem. The legend box(?)
is smaller than the legend label.

I used the following code to draw this test plot.

from pylab import *
x = []; y = []
figure(figsize=(2,2))
Angle = ‘0.0’
plot(x,y,label=‘0.0deg’); axis([0,1,0,1]); legend()
savefig(‘test.pdf’)

Any comment?

test.jpg

···


Yong-Duk Jin

I just tested it on OS X using the wxAgg backend, and it appears to be
fine. I've atached the pdf image. What GUI are you having matplotlib
use?

Josh

test.pdf (10.8 KB)

···

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Yong-Duk Jin <neojyd@...287...> wrote:

I'm using matplotlib 0.91.2 from ubuntu hardy 8.04

When I saved a plot in a pdf format the legend is not properly drawn.
I attached the figure to demonstrate the problem. The legend box(?)
is smaller than the legend label.

I used the following code to draw this test plot.

from pylab import *
x = []; y = []
figure(figsize=(2,2))
Angle = '0.0'
plot(x,y,label='0.0deg'); axis([0,1,0,1]); legend()
savefig('test.pdf')

Any comment?

--
Yong-Duk Jin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100.
Use priority code J8TL2D2.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

This bug seems to be Cairo-backend specific. The Python PDF backend seems to work fine. Most likely a problem in the Cairo backend and not Cairo itself, but I haven't dug any further.

Cheers,
Mike

Joshua Lippai wrote:

···

I just tested it on OS X using the wxAgg backend, and it appears to be
fine. I've atached the pdf image. What GUI are you having matplotlib
use?

Josh

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Yong-Duk Jin <neojyd@...287...> wrote:
  

I'm using matplotlib 0.91.2 from ubuntu hardy 8.04

When I saved a plot in a pdf format the legend is not properly drawn.
I attached the figure to demonstrate the problem. The legend box(?)
is smaller than the legend label.

I used the following code to draw this test plot.

from pylab import *
x = []; y = []
figure(figsize=(2,2))
Angle = '0.0'
plot(x,y,label='0.0deg'); axis([0,1,0,1]); legend()
savefig('test.pdf')

Any comment?

--
Yong-Duk Jin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference
Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100.
Use priority code J8TL2D2.

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by the 2008 JavaOne(SM) Conference Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100. Use priority code J8TL2D2. http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;198757673;13503038;p?http://java.sun.com/javaone
------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users
    
--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute
Operated by AURA for NASA