legend and errorbar

Hello all,

After some hour of fighting with, I've found that legend had some trouble when used with errobar because errorbar return a tuple.

I know that is not a bug but I think it might be a good idea to write a warning about in the documentation (I mean at http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/matplotlib.pylab.html#-legend).

Jean-Luc

PS: by the way, thanks to the developers of matplotlib for their great work.

I'm using matplotlib on a Mac. I tried to do a date plot but got an error message that pytz is not installed. According to the "using matplotlib" tutorial pytz it is supposed to be installed automatically...

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "make_stats.py", line 184, in ?
     do_plot(hosts['ec2'])
   File "make_stats.py", line 80, in do_plot
     from matplotlib.dates import MonthLocator, WeekdayLocator, DateFormatter
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/dates.py", line 89, in ?
     from pytz import timezone
ImportError: No module named pytz
[simsong@...1360... s3bandwidth] %

Any cue?

The information about Robery Kern and MacEnthon is out of date and should be removed or updated. I've tried to find an updated version of MacEnthon on the Enthon site and haven't been able to find it...

Well, I manually installed pytz and got this error:

do_plot(hosts['ec2'])
   File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/dates.py", line 92, in ?
     from dateutil.rrule import rrule, MO, TU, WE, TH, FR, SA, SU, YEARLY, \
ImportError: No module named dateutil.rrule

So I did a fresh install of matplotlib from darwinports (port install py-matplotlib) and now I'm getting the SAME ERROR...

Any thoughts?

···

On Nov 20, 2006, at 7:36 PM, Simson Garfinkel wrote:

I'm using matplotlib on a Mac. I tried to do a date plot but got an error message that pytz is not installed. According to the "using matplotlib" tutorial pytz it is supposed to be installed automatically...

Traceback (most recent call last):
    do_plot(hosts['ec2'])
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/dates.py", line 89, in ?
    from pytz import timezone
ImportError: No module named pytz
[simsong@...1360... s3bandwidth] %

Any cue?-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
matplotlib-users List Signup and Options