invalidrestore

Hi list,

I am getting an "invalidrestore" from the printer when I print a figure created with MPL. The page prints fine but for each plot, I am getting an error page. I didn't have this problem until I started making a number of font related changes. Before I go through a bunch of painful regression steps to see what causes this, does anybody has experience in this?

Don't know if it matters but I am using Word to print the .eps file by imported it into a word doc file and then print from there. I am using Word because I don't have any other software that would allow me to print .eps file.

Regards,

···

--
John Henry

kc106_2005-matplotlib@...9... wrote:

Hi list,

I am getting an "invalidrestore" from the printer when I print a figure created with MPL. The page prints fine but for each plot, I am getting an error page. I didn't have this problem until I started making a number of font related changes. Before I go through a bunch of painful regression steps to see what causes this, does anybody has experience in this?

Don't know if it matters but I am using Word to print the .eps file by imported it into a word doc file and then print from there. I am using Word because I don't have any other software that would allow me to print .eps file.

Maybe this will help; certainly you should have it if you are going to work with ps or eps files.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/
Eric

···

Regards,
--
John Henry

Hello Folks,

I was wondering what would be the best way to approach this issue: in a subplot that displays a data plot, is there any way of finding what the first and last points of the data plots are; i.e., when I use the pan function in the toolbar, it would be great to know which data points are at the extremities. For e.g., considering a data set x[0]…x[50] in a subplot I have the first data point x[0] as 2 and the last data point, say x[50] as 8. What would be the best way to pass on these values to a function, that did something like print on the screen “Hey, the data value at the left most location of this subplot is 2 and the data value at the right most location of this subplot is 8”.

Pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.
iyer

···

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.