installing matplotlib 0.99 for pyhton 2.6 mac osx 10.5

Dear all,

i have python 2.6 running on my mac osx 10.5, however when installing the binary file provided, it says i need to have python 2.6 on my machine. i dont understand why this is happening as when open a new terminal and type 'python', python version 2.6.2 is the version that is run. My supervisor also had a look at this and could not figure it out. He linked python 2.6 with the python command but the install file still did not recognise python 2.6.

anybody have the same issue? or know of how to fix this issue?

Thank You

Farhan

···

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.

Farhan Sheikh wrote:

i have python 2.6 running on my mac osx 10.5, however when installing the binary file provided, it says i need to have python 2.6 on my machine. i dont understand why this is happening as when open a new terminal and type 'python', python version 2.6.2 is the version that is run. My supervisor also had a look at this and could not figure it out. He linked python 2.6 with the python command but the install file still did not recognise python 2.6.

anybody have the same issue? or know of how to fix this issue?

How did you install 2.6? The binary MPL installer is probably looking for the python.org 2.6, which would be in /Library/Frameworks/....

If you are using a macports python, for instance, the installer wouldn't find it.

"which python" at the command line might help clear this up.

or:

python -c "import sys; print sys.path"

That will spew out a bunch of dirs, and where there are should tell you where your python is installed.

-Chris

···

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...