Installation error on windows 2016

I am installing matplotlib through a .whl file. Tried downloading all the win versions from the pypi.org site and all of them fail with the error message similar to this:

“matplotlib-3.2.1-cp39-cp39-win_amd64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.”

I understand that probably I need the 64-bit one. However, I do not see the .whl file on the site. Python version 3.7 installed through MS SQL Server 2019 setup.

I am new to Python and this is first time ever installing it. Please let me know if I need to provide more information.

i figured i was supposed to run the file for 3.7 version of python.

why are you using a wheel rather than pip?

I did not have internet on the server. I did use pip and passed the wheel file to the installation. Is there any alternate way I should know of. This was my first time so did not have any preference other than whichever option works!

If you do not have internet access directly on the server I suggest looking at anaconda / enthought / active who will provide you with all-in-one installer bundles that will give you a coherent set of packages + Python + support libraries etc for the scientific stack.

If you have to integrate this with the Python installed my MS SQL server, I suspect you reach out to MSFT support.

thanks the the information @tacaswell.

As of now, I am good with the install. It was an issue while installing additional packages on top of the default install. I did not realize that I was using an incorrect wheel file and also got confused with various dependencies but figured in the end. Yes, it’s a Python with MSSQL.