imshow problem

Hi all!

I've just installed matplotlib on my workstation (without Numeric, only numarray). Trying to run the image plot examples, I get this error:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1345, in __call__
     return self.func(*args)
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_tkagg.py", line 148, in resize
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_tkagg.py", line 151, in draw
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py", line 382, in draw
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/figure.py", line 520, in draw
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/axes.py", line 1373, in draw
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/image.py", line 205, in draw
   File "<mypath>/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/image.py", line 127, in make_image
ValueError: Array must be rank 2 or 3 of doubles

What's the problem?

Tanks in advance.

Luigi

Hi

I did some plots (MPL 0.82 on Linux), exported them as .eps \includegraphics'ed them in TeX (latex -> dvipdf).
Some plot labels included r'$\tau$' and things like that. Unfortunately when I print my document the TeX symbols are missing. Moreover the x-axis tick numbers as well as the xlabel are also not there. I know other people who also had problems with missing or screwed up symbols when printing out .pdfs (unrelated to TeX, MPL). Is there anything I can do about that from the MPL side?

cheers,
steve

1. If you view the EPS, say in GhostScript, is everything
   there?
2. What is the bounding box (if you look in the EPS file)?
   Is it all inside the page dimension set in your dvipdfm
   config file?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

···

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Steve Schmerler apparently wrote:

I did some plots (MPL 0.82 on Linux), exported them as
.eps \includegraphics'ed them in TeX (latex -> dvipdf).
Some plot labels included r'\\tau' and things like that.
Unfortunately when I print my document the TeX symbols are
missing. Moreover the x-axis tick numbers as well as the
xlabel are also not there. I know other people who also
had problems with missing or screwed up symbols when
printing out .pdfs (unrelated to TeX, MPL). Is there
anything I can do about that from the MPL side?

Alan G Isaac wrote:

I did some plots (MPL 0.82 on Linux), exported them as .eps \includegraphics'ed them in TeX (latex -> dvipdf). Some plot labels included r'\\tau' and things like that. Unfortunately when I print my document the TeX symbols are missing. Moreover the x-axis tick numbers as well as the xlabel are also not there. I know other people who also had problems with missing or screwed up symbols when printing out .pdfs (unrelated to TeX, MPL). Is there anything I can do about that from the MPL side?

1. If you view the EPS, say in GhostScript, is everything there?
2. What is the bounding box (if you look in the EPS file)? Is it all inside the page dimension set in your dvipdfm config file?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

1.) yes, the plots are fine

2.) yes, the bounding box is large enough

I attached one of the .eps files I was talking about. In the printed .pdf where this is included the xlabel "T/K" as well as the numbers on the x-axis are missing. The "x"s in the legend box are also missing so it isn't a bb problem.

I used dvipdf to convert .dvi -> .pdf (which I've learned only uses dvips and gs with some pdfwrite options) and not dvipdfm. Is it recommended to use dvipdfm over dvipdf?

cheers,
steve

x1x3.eps (350 KB)

···

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Steve Schmerler apparently wrote:

Works fine with dvipdfm.
(Ticks and labels are visible.)

Cheers,
Alan Isaac
(using Win2000, MiKTeX)

···

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Steve Schmerler apparently wrote:

I attached one of the .eps files I was talking about. In the printed
.pdf where this is included the xlabel "T/K" as well as the numbers on
the x-axis are missing. The "x"s in the legend box are also missing so
it isn't a bb problem.

I used dvipdf to convert .dvi -> .pdf (which I've learned only uses
dvips and gs with some pdfwrite options) and not dvipdfm. Is it
recommended to use dvipdfm over dvipdf?

Alan G Isaac wrote:

···

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Steve Schmerler apparently wrote:

I attached one of the .eps files I was talking about. In the printed .pdf where this is included the xlabel "T/K" as well as the numbers on the x-axis are missing. The "x"s in the legend box are also missing so it isn't a bb problem.

I used dvipdf to convert .dvi -> .pdf (which I've learned only uses dvips and gs with some pdfwrite options) and not dvipdfm. Is it recommended to use dvipdfm over dvipdf?

Works fine with dvipdfm.
(Ticks and labels are visible.)

Cheers,
Alan Isaac
(using Win2000, MiKTeX)

Thanx. When I look at the .pdf on the screen everything is fine. Only
the printed version is the problem. I'll test (on Linux) if the printer
likes the .pdf produced by dvipfdm more than the output of dvipdf.

cheers,
steve

--
grep -ir fuck /usr/src/linux