How to pause prgoram from graphical screen

I'm reading a serial port and plotting the acquired data using TKagg with the plot() command. This gives me a nice graphical screen that updates as the data arrives. What I would like to do is be able to pause the entire program occasionally as I need to make changes on the system that the RS232 is reading, then begin plotting again. Is there a way to get a pause button the TKAgg toolbar?
Thanks!

Yes, take a look at the embedding_in_tk*.py examples at

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/user_interfaces/

ยทยทยท

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Roland Hauff <rhauff@...9...> wrote:

I'm reading a serial port and plotting the acquired data using TKagg with the plot() command. This gives me a nice graphical screen that updates as the data arrives. What I would like to do is be able to pause the entire program occasionally as I need to make changes on the system that the RS232 is reading, then begin plotting again. Is there a way to get a pause button the TKAgg toolbar?

It looks like those examples suspend operation while waiting for a click, after going to mainloop().

On a related note, after I use pylab.plot() to draw the screen, the toolbar is inaccessible unless I also use show(), which then halts the program until I close the window.