how to draw one line with different colors

Hi,

I'd like to plot my data and indicate where the instrument I used actually actually should truncate those data. My idea is to have y values from zero to a certain maximum and to draw a red line from zero to the lower limit, then to continue with this line colored in black, and finally end this very line colored red from the upper limit to the maximum of my data.
How is this to accomplish?

A second problem for me is probably trivial for more experienced users: How to adjust the size of x- & y-labels (using subplot)?

I should mention that I'm stuck with version 0.71 for a while ...

TIA
Regards,
Christian

Hi

Some time passed since my post, so I guess there is just no answer for my main question. At least there is no direct approach, right?

However, my second questions remains. But I wrote it down the dumb way: Of course, what I meant is the numbering and not the labelling. So, can somebody tell me how change font and size of the numbering along the axes?

Christian

···

On 21 May 2005, at 08:41, Christian Meesters wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to plot my data and indicate where the instrument I used actually actually should truncate those data. My idea is to have y values from zero to a certain maximum and to draw a red line from zero to the lower limit, then to continue with this line colored in black, and finally end this very line colored red from the upper limit to the maximum of my data.
How is this to accomplish?

A second problem for me is probably trivial for more experienced users: How to adjust the size of x- & y-labels (using subplot)?

I should mention that I'm stuck with version 0.71 for a while ...

TIA
Regards,
Christian

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by Oracle Space Sweepstakes
Want to be the first software developer in space?
Enter now for the Oracle Space Sweepstakes!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7412&alloc_id=16344&op=click

Try searching the matplotlib-users archive. I searched for <ticklabel size>
and the first hit I got had the answer:

for label in gca().get_yticklabels():
    label.set_size(6)

Darren

···

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 9:23 am, Christian Meesters wrote:

However, my second questions remains. But I wrote it down the dumb way:
Of course, what I meant is the numbering and not the labelling. So, can
somebody tell me how change font and size of the numbering along the
axes?

Hi,

thanks for your answers. You are right Darren, I should have had a look in the archives first. It won't happen again. Anyway: I guess from this starting point I can go on.

Cheers
Christian