I want to commend whoever worked on the matplotlib.org landing page, for it is absolutely gorgeous!
I want to steal basically all of it for the napari.org home page, but I’m finding it hard to figure out how to steal it. Things I like:
- landing page that can be updated independently of the versioned builds
- (my favourite) the random picture + API one-liner
- two column layout with the random picture on one side and the matplotlib value prop on the right
- the gorgeous icons linking to the various parts of the site (and the colour!)
- all the modifications to the PyData sphinx theme (?) — simply beautiful stuff, e.g. the drop shadows on the cards at Matplotlib documentation — Matplotlib 3.6.3 documentation look particularly good to me??? Am I seeing things?
Anyway, if someone could walk me through how the site is built, the multi-repo/deployment dance, and the various aspects of the theme both on the home page and on the broader docs, I would be eternally grateful! Can be both async here or I’d be happy to set up a meeting for a walk through if someone prefers a live walkthrough. (Or if there is a writeup somewhere already, a pointer, of course!)