help! figures closing automatically

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer to windows 7. I have everything (python, wxpython, matplotlib, numpy) running now, but there is an annoying problem that when I double click on one of my scripts (simple pylab script) it runs creates a figure and plot then immediately closes… so I don’t get to look at my plot. I have WXagg configured as the backend because I use matplotlib in several wxpython applications. But right now I am just using pylabin a single script to make simple plots. If I run the script from IDLE it works ok until I try to close the figure, then it locks up until I kill the IDLE. If I run in pythonwin I get the same problem as the IDLE.

I’d like to just click on the script icon to run it, and when I run the script from the IDLE I’d like the figure to close when I kill it. How might I correct these issues?

Thanks,

Jeff

This probably depends on on you are coding the plot generation scripts. Can you attach a script for us to see?

Ben Root

···

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Jeff Peery <jeffpeery@…3405…> wrote:

Hello,

I just upgraded my computer to windows 7. I have everything (python, wxpython, matplotlib, numpy) running now, but there is an annoying problem that when I double click on one of my scripts (simple pylab script) it runs creates a figure and plot then immediately closes… so I don’t get to look at my plot. I have WXagg configured as the backend because I use matplotlib in several wxpython applications. But right now I am just using pylabin a single script to make simple plots. If I run the script from IDLE it works ok until I try to close the figure, then it locks up until I kill the IDLE. If I run in pythonwin I get the same problem as the IDLE.

I’d like to just click on the script icon to run it, and when I run the script from the IDLE I’d like the figure to close when I kill it. How might I correct these issues?

Thanks,

Jeff