Hatching not working in matplotlib 0.98

I tried hatch option in pylab.bar() in both matplotlib 0.98.2 and 0.98.3. The hatch_demo.py in the example directory only draw four grey bars, no hatch or them. However, when I try the same script on matplotlib 0.91.4 (the maintainance version), it’s working. I wonder if it is a bug introduced recently? If so, it’s good to have it fixed, right?

BTW: can I set the line width for the hatches?

Thanks!

···

See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the go. See Now

Thanks for the report. Indeed, it was drawing the fill over top of the hatch, rather than the other way around. This has now been fixed in SVN r6068. You can use that patch to patch your local copy, if you're not tracking SVN.

Cheers,
Mike

Crend King wrote:

···

I tried hatch option in pylab.bar() in both matplotlib 0.98.2 and 0.98.3. The hatch_demo.py in the example directory only draw four grey bars, no hatch or them. However, when I try the same script on matplotlib 0.91.4 (the maintainance version), it's working. I wonder if it is a bug introduced recently? If so, it's good to have it fixed, right?

BTW: can I set the line width for the hatches?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
See how Windows Mobile brings your life together�at home, work, or on the go. See Now <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093182mrt/direct/01/&gt;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Operations and Engineering Division
Space Telescope Science Institute