graphs

Hi all, I am working on a UI design, and I just found out about matplotlib. I would like to learn if some of the following graphs are possible using matplotlib with wxPython (to see if anyone has done something similar). Here is a mockup with some graphs we'd like to have.

http://www.geocities.com/belred1/image1.jpg

Does anyone know if matplotlib has rich charting functionality with gradients and shading that could provide the same experience as the performance charts on the right. How difficult would this be to implement?

Also, do you know if there are any commercial or popular open source projects that are using matplotlib that i can look at?

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan wrote:

Hi all, I am working on a UI design, and I just found out about matplotlib. I would like to learn if some of the following graphs are possible using matplotlib with wxPython

If you want to use MPL with wxPython like that, be sure to check out wxmpl.

Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

Does anyone know if matplotlib has rich charting functionality with gradients and shading that could provide the same experience as the performance charts on the right.

I don't think it has the nifty shading. Other than that, it can do it all.

How difficult would this be to implement?

That I don't know. The Agg renderer certainly can do a nice job with gradients, but I don't know if MPL support that.

-Chris

ยทยทยท

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...