ggplot for matplotlib

I just learned about this today, and thought I’d share. It’s an
implementation of the ggplot interface on top of matplotlib:

http://blog.yhathq.com/posts/ggplot-for-python.html

···
                   -- _ |\/|o _|_ _. _ | | \.__ __|__|_|_ _ _ ._ _ | ||(_| |(_|(/_| |_/|(_)(/_|_ |_|_)(_)(_)| | |

http://www.droettboom.com

Seems like a lot of what they are doing could be upstreamed into matplotlib. Then they could just wrap it in their own ggplot syntax. That would improve matplotlib and simplify the maintainance for them.

···

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@…31…> wrote:

                   -- _ |\/|o _|_ _. _ | | \.__ __|__|_|_ _ _ ._ _ | ||(_| |(_|(/_| |_/|(_)(/_|_ |_|_)(_)(_)| | | [http://www.droettboom.com](http://www.droettboom.com)
I just learned about this today, and thought I'd share.  It's an

implementation of the ggplot interface on top of matplotlib:

[http://blog.yhathq.com/posts/ggplot-for-python.html](http://blog.yhathq.com/posts/ggplot-for-python.html)

October Webinars: Code for Performance

Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.

Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most from

the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register >

http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135031&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk


Matplotlib-devel mailing list

Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

Yes -- I reached out to the author about exactly that this morning. It would be great to closely collaborate on this.

Mike

···

On 10/21/2013 01:06 PM, Todd wrote:

Seems like a lot of what they are doing could be upstreamed into matplotlib. Then they could just wrap it in their own ggplot syntax. That would improve matplotlib and simplify the maintainance for them.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe@…31… > <mailto:mdroe@…31…>> wrote:

    I just learned about this today, and thought I'd share. It's an
    implementation of the ggplot interface on top of matplotlib:

    http://blog.yhathq.com/posts/ggplot-for-python.html

    -- _
    >\/|o _|_ _. _ | | \.__ __|__|_|_ _ _ ._ _
    > >>(_| |(_|(/_| |_/|(_)(/_|_ |_|_)(_)(_)| | |

    http://www.droettboom.com

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October Webinars: Code for Performance
    Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
    Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get
    the most from
    the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and
    register >
    http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135031&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
    _______________________________________________
    Matplotlib-devel mailing list
    Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
    <mailto:Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
October Webinars: Code for Performance
Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most from
the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register >
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135031&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-devel mailing list
Matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-devel

--
                    _

\/|o _|_ _. _ | | \.__ __|__|_|_ _ _ ._ _
>>(_| |(_|(/_| |_/|(_)(/_|_ |_|_)(_)(_)| | |

http://www.droettboom.com

Awesome. I saw this on HackerNews a few days ago and got really excited about it. So a big +1 from me.

Thanks,

Jason

···

On 10/21/13 12:11 PM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

Yes -- I reached out to the author about exactly that this morning. It
would be great to closely collaborate on this.