font problem with CVS version of PS backend

Hi,

Any hints on this one before I go deeper?

Here are the last few lines of the traceback I get with the PS backend using the latest CVS. I get no such error with the TkAgg backend.

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/text.py", line 77, in _draw
     renderer.draw_text(gc, x, y, self)
   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_ps.py", line 142, in draw_text
     l,b,w,h = font.get_str_bbox(text)
AttributeError: get_str_bbox

Cheers!
Andrew

Andrew Straw wrote:

Hi,

Here are the last few lines of the traceback I get with the PS backend using the latest CVS. I get no such error with the TkAgg backend.

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/text.py", line 77, in _draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_ps.py", line 142, in draw_text

I've made improvements to the new font manager that should fix this problem. They should now be in CVS. Please give it a test.

-- Paul

···

--
Paul Barrett, PhD Space Telescope Science Institute
Phone: 410-338-4475 ESS/Science Software Branch
FAX: 410-338-4767 Baltimore, MD 21218

Works great!

PGP.sig (155 Bytes)

···

On Mar 30, 2004, at 3:34 PM, Paul Barrett wrote:

Andrew Straw wrote:

Hi,
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/text.py", line 77, in _draw
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/ python2.3/site-packages/matplotlib/backends/backend_ps.py", line 142, in draw_text

I've made improvements to the new font manager that should fix this problem. They should now be in CVS. Please give it a test.

-- Paul