Fixed wxcursor_demo.py example, please commit

But the example was written a long time ago and since then

> many wx users have contributed new/better/more/different wx
    > examples (embedding_in_wx[1-4].py) to atone for the original

Please forgive everything I wrote as the rantings of a deranged
lunatic. I now see you were talking about the *cursor* demo, not the
*embedding* demo.....

BTW, have you seen the matplotlib native cursoring, which uses
matplotlib or drawing rather than native wx.

examples/widgets/cursor.py

JDH

Hi Guys:

> many wx users have contributed new/better/more/different wx
    > examples (embedding_in_wx[1-4].py) to atone for the original

Another suggestion that I would like to make is to change the name of the examples. I think all the examples that have to do with a particular backed should be prefixed with the name of the toolkit. I think this is important since the new users can see at a glance all the examples that are related to wx.
Thus I think the name or the rewritten wxcursor_demo.py should be changed to embedding_in_wx_cursor.py, sounds awful, but it's understandable and more practical.
Another option is to put it next to the cursor example and rename it from wxcursor_demo.py to cursor_demo_wx.py

I looked at the other wx examples, and even if they are great examples (And I would like to thank a lot the original author Jeremy O'Donoghue :wink: ), they could afford some cleaning up to conform to the wx style guide:
    http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/wxPython_Style_Guide

Do you think such a clean up, would be welcomed ?

BTW, have you seen the matplotlib native cursoring, which uses
matplotlib or drawing rather than native wx.

examples/widgets/cursor.py

Thanks for the tip John, but I found it too slow for my application (I change a spectrogram in another figure in function of the pixel where cursor is located).
Furthermore native cursoring does not support several cursor pointer shapes does it ?
It only supports the cross doesn't it ?

Daniel

Daniel Kornhauser wrote:

I looked at the other wx examples, and even if they are great examples (And I would like to thank a lot the original author Jeremy O'Donoghue :wink: ), they could afford some cleaning up to conform to the wx style guide:
    http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/wxPython_Style_Guide

Do you think such a clean up, would be welcomed ?

I think it's a great idea -- but then, I'm the primary author of that style guide :wink:

-Chris

···

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

NOAA/OR&R/HAZMAT (206) 526-6959 voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE (206) 526-6329 fax
Seattle, WA 98115 (206) 526-6317 main reception

Chris.Barker@...259...