figure window coordinates

Hi everyone!

Is there any backend-independent way to get and set the figure window coordinates and sizes (i.e. in pixels)? Currently when I make new plots they appear in random locations as determined by my operating system; during analysis when I’m making and destroying a lot of plot windows I want to be able to have them automatically appear in “good” locations (such as the upper left corner of my screen).

Also, I am trying to find ways to get/set the z-order.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

There was someone who found that it was possible to add some additional information to the creation of a figure window. This information (at least on Linux systems), could be taken advantage of by customized configurations of the desktop manager. I would be curious to see what has come of that effort.

Ben Root

···

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Jack Sankey <jack.sankey@…83…287…> wrote:

Hi everyone!

Is there any backend-independent way to get and set the figure window coordinates and sizes (i.e. in pixels)? Currently when I make new plots they appear in random locations as determined by my operating system; during analysis when I’m making and destroying a lot of plot windows I want to be able to have them automatically appear in “good” locations (such as the upper left corner of my screen).

Also, I am trying to find ways to get/set the z-order.

Thanks in advance,

Jack