error locating backends module

hello,

I’m trying to import matplotlib.backends but I get a message indicating that matplotlib has no module ‘backends’. So I looked to confirm that it was there and it is. I also checked if other modules where available (by importing them from the command line) and it appears that all the module are available but NOT any of the packages located in the matplotlib installation folder.

I just downloaded the latest matplotlib and installed it on a brand new machine that is running vista. I’m running python 2.6.

how do I fix this problem?

thanks,

Jeff

Forgot to cc this to the list, sorry about that.

Hi Jeff,

You don’t happen to be in the same directory as a folder called ‘matplotlib’ when trying to import matplotlib.backends, do you? If so, try moving to a different directory before invoking python and importing matplotlib.backends.

Regards,

–Damon

···

On 14 Sep 2009, at 22:52, Jeff Peery wrote:

hello,

I’m trying to import matplotlib.backends but I get a message indicating that matplotlib has no module ‘backends’. So I looked to confirm that it was there and it is. I also checked if other modules where available (by importing them from the command line) and it appears that all the module are available but NOT any of the packages located in the matplotlib installation folder.

I just downloaded the latest matplotlib and installed it on a brand new machine that is running vista. I’m running python 2.6.

how do I fix this problem?

thanks,

Jeff

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come build with us! The BlackBerry® Developer Conference in SF, CA
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay
ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9-12, 2009. Register now!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
matplotlib-users List Signup and Options