erasing the figure border

hello,
I am using matplotlib to make a drawing, so though I am using distances on the pad I do not need to display the axes and would rather have no frame and no tick.
To achieve this, I tried using :
rc('axes', edgecolor='white')
rc('xtick', color='white')
rc('ytick', color='white')

The first command works, but not the 2 tick commands (the ticks still show up, in black)...... Bug or feature? Besides, I am sure there is a better way to do that, but could not find out.
I am using the GTKAgg backend.

thanks,
Johann

Set the ticks to an empty tuple.

hth,
Alan Isaac

···

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Johann Cohen-Tanugi apparently wrote:

I am sure there is a
better way to do that

Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:

hello,
I am using matplotlib to make a drawing, so though I am using distances on the pad I do not need to display the axes and would rather have no frame and no tick.
To achieve this, I tried using :
rc('axes', edgecolor='white')

If your axes instance is "ax", try
     ax.set_frame_on(False)
     ax.set_axis_off()

The api is inconsistent, but there it is...

This will actually wipe out the axes patch as well as the boundary, and all traces of the axes; maybe this is more than you want.

Eric

···

rc('xtick', color='white')
rc('ytick', color='white')

The first command works, but not the 2 tick commands (the ticks still show up, in black)...... Bug or feature? Besides, I am sure there is a better way to do that, but could not find out.
I am using the GTKAgg backend.

thanks,
Johann

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

That did it.
thanks!

Eric Firing wrote:

···

Johann Cohen-Tanugi wrote:

hello,
I am using matplotlib to make a drawing, so though I am using distances on the pad I do not need to display the axes and would rather have no frame and no tick.
To achieve this, I tried using :
rc('axes', edgecolor='white')

If your axes instance is "ax", try
    ax.set_frame_on(False)
    ax.set_axis_off()

The api is inconsistent, but there it is...

This will actually wipe out the axes patch as well as the boundary, and all traces of the axes; maybe this is more than you want.

Eric

rc('xtick', color='white')
rc('ytick', color='white')

The first command works, but not the 2 tick commands (the ticks still show up, in black)...... Bug or feature? Besides, I am sure there is a better way to do that, but could not find out.
I am using the GTKAgg backend.

thanks,
Johann

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc.
Still grepping through log files to find problems? Stop.
Now Search log events and configuration files using AJAX and a browser.
Download your FREE copy of Splunk now >> http://get.splunk.com/
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users