edge joinstyle on rectangles

Hi,

Are the edges of the rectangles returned by plt.bar() supposed to conform to the 'lines.solid_joinstyle' rcParam? If not, is there another method for specifying that joinstyle?

I have not been able to change the joinstyle using this method in versions 1.0.0 (linux, gtkagg and tkagg) or 1.0.1 (os x, tkagg). I can send a minimal example script if requested.

-Jeff

Hi,

Are the edges of the rectangles returned by plt.bar() supposed to conform to the 'lines.solid_joinstyle' rcParam? If not, is there another method for specifying that joinstyle?

I have not been able to change the joinstyle using this method in versions 1.0.0 (linux, gtkagg and tkagg) or 1.0.1 (os x, tkagg). I can send a minimal example script if requested.

The bar rectangles are Patch object outlines, not Line2D objects, and solid_joinstyle is not presently supported by patches, as far as I can see.

Eric

···

On 08/31/2011 06:45 AM, Jeffrey Blackburne wrote:

-Jeff

I suppose it probably should be supported, though. Do you agree?

Mike

···

On 08/31/2011 01:20 PM, Eric Firing wrote:

Hi,

The bar rectangles are Patch object outlines, not Line2D objects, and
solid_joinstyle is not presently supported by patches, as far as I can see.

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch
Space Telescope Science Institute
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Hi,

The bar rectangles are Patch object outlines, not Line2D objects, and
solid_joinstyle is not presently supported by patches, as far as I can see.

I suppose it probably should be supported, though. Do you agree?

Yes, that would be a nice enhancement.

Eric

···

On 09/06/2011 04:48 AM, Michael Droettboom wrote:

On 08/31/2011 01:20 PM, Eric Firing wrote:

Mike