Docs and examples

I have come across a slight oddity while working on the docs today. I wanted to make some small changes to the ReST docs for the examples section, but then I noticed that my docs/examples directory had the new animation examples and a directory for “old_animations”. Figuring that this could not be correct, I checked on github, and for branch v1.0.x, there is no “docs/examples” directory. Is this directory created and its contents filled whenever I run setup.py? The modification time for the folder seems to indicate that.

Thanks,
Ben Root

I have come across a slight oddity while working on the docs today. I wanted to make some small changes to the ReST docs for the examples section, but then I noticed that my docs/examples directory had the new animation examples and a directory for “old_animations”. Figuring that this could not be correct, I checked on github, and for branch v1.0.x, there is no “docs/examples” directory. Is this directory created and its contents filled whenever I run setup.py? The modification time for the folder seems to indicate that.

This is created and built by the doc builder, so it is when you run make.py from the doc dir, not when you run setup.py from the src dir.

Check doc/sphinxext/gen_rst.py and doc/sphinxext/gen_gallery.py

If you run

python make.py clean

from the doc dir, it should clean it up.

JDH

···

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…553…> wrote:

Ah, that makes sense, although the mod time for my directory doesn’t… maybe the setup.py is somehow touching that directory?

Anyway, when I cleaned up the docs with the above command, it removed doc/pyplots/tex_demo.png, which appears to have been under version control. I guess this is a mistake in either the version control, or the cleanup script (which left behind other png files in the same directory).

Ben Root

···

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM, John Hunter <jdh2358@…552…149…> wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@…553…> wrote:

This is created and built by the doc builder, so it is when you run make.py from the doc dir, not when you run setup.py from the src dir.

Check doc/sphinxext/gen_rst.py and doc/sphinxext/gen_gallery.py

If you run

python make.py clean

from the doc dir, it should clean it up.

JDH