default shading for pcolor

Consistent with matlab, the default shading for pcolor in matplotlib and pylab is 'faceted', which puts black lines around all the quadrilaterals. Some users (e.g., Rob Hetland and myself) never want this; are there users who *do* want to keep this default? I suspect so, in which case the solution will be an rcParams entry, but I would like confirmation of this. Also, if we need the rcParams entry but *almost* all users want the default to be "flat" (no boundary lines), then we can make that the default value of the rcParams entry.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Eric

Eric Firing wrote:

Consistent with matlab, the default shading for pcolor in matplotlib and pylab is 'faceted', which puts black lines around all the quadrilaterals. Some users (e.g., Rob Hetland and myself) never want this; are there users who *do* want to keep this default? I suspect so, in which case the solution will be an rcParams entry, but I would like confirmation of this. Also, if we need the rcParams entry but *almost* all users want the default to be "flat" (no boundary lines), then we can make that the default value of the rcParams entry.

Please advise.

(Sent to the list this time.)

+1 for default 'flat' (either way)

Ryan

ยทยทยท

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma

Default flat would be great. The default faceted has always been a pain.

George.