Customize position of title, xlabel and ylabel?

Hi everybody,
As i go through matplotlib tutorial and trying to test it, i didn't find a way to customize the position of the title, the xlabel and the ylabel.
Is there a way to do it?
Are those elements of a figure placed in a standard way?

Thanks for answers.
Philippe

···

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Messenger : personnalisez votre messagerie instantan�e ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866

Hi Philipple,

This might help your for the title.

         self.figure.text(0.5, 0.95, title,
                horizontalalignment='center')
         self.figure.text(0.5, 0.92, 'sub title',
                horizontalalignment='center')

See you
Werner

Philippe COLLET wrote:

···

Hi everybody,
As i go through matplotlib tutorial and trying to test it, i didn't find a way to customize the position of the title, the xlabel and the ylabel.
Is there a way to do it?
Are those elements of a figure placed in a standard way?

Thanks for answers.
Philippe

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Messenger : personnalisez votre messagerie instantan�e ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866

-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click

What does everyone think is the best way to go about plotting in
Matplotlib?
It seems that pylab is clearly the easiest out of the box, but with
experience perhaps the flexibility of creating a figure and then axes
and so on is the most powerful?

Just curious what everyone thinks.

Best,
Travis

···

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:18:30 +0200, "Werner F. Bruhin" <werner.bruhin@...185...> said:

Hi Philipple,

This might help your for the title.

         self.figure.text(0.5, 0.95, title,
                horizontalalignment='center')
         self.figure.text(0.5, 0.92, 'sub title',
                horizontalalignment='center')

See you
Werner

Philippe COLLET wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> As i go through matplotlib tutorial and trying to test it, i didn't find
> a way to customize the position of the title, the xlabel and the ylabel.
> Is there a way to do it?
> Are those elements of a figure placed in a standard way?
>
> Thanks for answers.
> Philippe
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> MSN Messenger : personnalisez votre messagerie instantanée !
> http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
> http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click

-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
_______________________________________________
Matplotlib-users mailing list
Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/matplotlib-users

--
  Travis Brady
  tdbrady@...146...