Contour label position

Hello,

Is there a way to change the location of a contour label for plots made
with contour() and contourf()? At the moment I’m making a plot of a
data range, then changing the axes for the region I’m interested in,
and this has the effect that matplotlib puts in the labels, but they
disappear as I remove parts of the plot.

The code I’m using looks like this:

figure(23)

levels,colls=contour(skQuantComp,[0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,.9,1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5],alpha=0.5)

clabel(colls, inline=0, fontsize=18)

xlabel(‘Sand-sand cost ratio for Sand K/Sand M’)

ylabel(‘Cement-sand cost ratio for Sand K’)

xticks(indRange/scInc,xtickPts)

yticks(indRange/scInc,tickPts)

axis([0,len(skQuantComp[0]),int(0.2len(skQuantComp[0])),int(0.7len(skQuantComp))])

show()

Thanks,

Gwilym

Gwilym,

I don't think there is an easy way to do that, so you may have to simply plot the region of interest from the start instead of changing the axes after plotting.

Eric

Gwilym T. Still wrote:

···

Hello,

Is there a way to change the location of a contour label for plots made with contour() and contourf()? At the moment I'm making a plot of a data range, then changing the axes for the region I'm interested in, and this has the effect that matplotlib puts in the labels, but they disappear as I remove parts of the plot.

The code I'm using looks like this:

figure(23)

levels,colls=contour(skQuantComp,[0.5,0.6,0.7,0.8,.9,1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5],alpha=0.5)

clabel(colls, inline=0, fontsize=18)
xlabel('Sand-sand cost ratio for Sand K/Sand M')
ylabel('Cement-sand cost ratio for Sand K')
xticks(indRange/scInc,xtickPts)
yticks(indRange/scInc,tickPts)
axis([0,len(skQuantComp[0]),int(0.2*len(skQuantComp[0])),int(0.7*len(skQuantComp))])
show()

Thanks,

Gwilym
------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search engine that makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click _______________________________________________ Matplotlib-users mailing list Matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net matplotlib-users List Signup and Options