compiling matplotlib using VC6?

I need a python compile with VC6. This python also needs a
matplotlib. Now trying to compile matplotlib with my python version I
get some errors that are easy to overcome, but I'm stuck with an error
in the agg library part:

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VC98\bin\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX /DNDEBUG -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include -I. -Isrc -Iswig -Iagg23/include -I. -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include -I. -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include\freetype2 -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -Isrc\freetype2 -Iswig\freetype2 -Iagg23/include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\include -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\PC /Tpsrc/_ns_backend_agg.cpp /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.4\Release\src/_ns_backend_agg.obj -DSCIPY=1 _ns_backend_agg.cpp
src/_ns_backend_agg.cpp(74) : warning C4800: 'long' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
src/_ns_backend_agg.cpp(376) : error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void __thiscall RendererAgg::_fill_and_stroke(VS &,const class GCAgg &,const
struct std::pair<bool,struct agg::rgba> &,bool)'
        With the following template arguments:
        'class agg::path_storage'
src/_ns_backend_agg.cpp(423) : error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void __thiscall RendererAgg::_fill_and_stroke(VS &,const class GCAgg &,const struct std::pair<bool,struct agg::rgba> &,bool)'
src/_ns_backend_agg.cpp(476) : error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void __thiscall RendererAgg::_fill_and_stroke(VS &,const class GCAgg &,const struct std::pair<bool,struct agg::rgba> &,bool)'
src/_ns_backend_agg.cpp(1887) : error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void __thiscall RendererAgg::_fill_and_stroke(VS &,const class GCAgg &,const struct std::pair<bool,struct agg::rgba> &,bool)'
error: Command "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VC98\bin\cl.exe /c /nologo /Ox /MD /W3 /GX /DNDEBUG -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include -I. -Isrc -Iswig -Iagg23/include -I. -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include -I. -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\include\freetype2 -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -Isrc\freetype2 -Iswig\freetype2 -Iagg23/include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -IW:\hoel\work\libs\include\freetype2 -I.\freetype2 -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\include -Iw:\hoel\work\Python-2.4.4\dist\PC /Tpsrc/_ns_backend_agg.cpp /Fobuild\temp.win32-2.4 \Release\src/_ns_backend_agg.obj -DSCIPY=1" failed with exit status 2

Is there any tip how to fix this for VC6?

Thanks

Kind regards

Berthold Höllmann

···

--
Germanischer Lloyd AG
CAE Development
Vorsetzen 35
20459 Hamburg
Phone: +49(0)40 36149-7374
Fax: +49(0)40 36149-7320
e-mail: berthold.hoellmann@...512...
Internet: http://www.gl-group.com

This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain confidential information and/or information protected by intellectual property rights for the exclusive attention of the intended addressees named above. Any access of third parties to this e-mail is unauthorised. Any use of this e-mail by unintended recipients such as total or partial copying, distribution, disclosure etc. is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients the content of this e-mail is subject to the General Terms and Conditions of GL's Group of Companies applicable at the date of this e-mail.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.

GL's Group of Companies does not warrant and/or guarantee that this message at the moment of receipt is authentic, correct and its communication free of errors, interruption etc.

Germanischer Lloyd AG, 31393 AG HH, Hamburg, Vorstand: Dr. Hermann J. Klein, Rainer Schöndube, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Wolfgang Peiner

Chris Barker and I worked on this a while ago, and I believe we decided it was impossible due to bugs/limitations in the VC++ 6 compiler.

Ken

···

On Mar 16, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Berthold Höllmann wrote:

I need a python compile with VC6. This python also needs a
matplotlib.